Tender meats and seafood first popularized sous vide in the restaurant sphere, but today home chefs across the globe use the cooking method for a wide variety of projects. It turns out that temperature precise cooking improve your up your DIY game, make you a pickling expert, or give you a unique array of drink options to wow guests. Check out our top 5 unusual sous vide uses.
1. Infused Cocktails Make high quality, all natural infused cocktails and liquors in a fraction of the time. Infusing used to take weeks to months but now takes an hour thanks to sous vide. Make drinking vinegars, infused vodka, and beyond.
2. Pickling Sous Vide pickle cucumbers or any vegetable of your choice at 185/F for 3 hours. Check out the Sansaire App on iTunes and Android Playstore for more recipe ideas, cooking times and temps.
3. Precise Milk Heating Every mother knows the struggle of heating milk to the perfect temperature. Take the worry and guesswork out of the process with Sous Vide precision heating! With the Delta you will be able to monitor the temperature of the milk at all times remotely.
4. Scrambled Eggs Slow-cooking scrambled eggs in a bag may sound odd, but we promise these creamy textured eggs will change your breakfast forever. Check out the recipe on our app! Available now for Android and iPhone.
5. Flavored Oils Much like cocktail infusing, infusing oils is a process we’ve sped up significantly. Add flavorful herbs to oil in a mason jar, then infuse in a sous vide bath at 55C / 131F for 3-4 hours. Refrigerate and use within 10 days.